A city of vibrant people, wherein its citizens are engaged in sports; developing and strengthening barangay based sports program, forming positive core values and character; contributing to the building of a healthy and a sports minded community; producing athletes in the grassroots level, excelling in local, national and international competitions.
It is the vision of the Sports Development Division under the leadership of the City Mayor to provide athletes and the people of Davao City with quality sports development programs available. We aim to strive for excellence in providing assistance and support to athletes who aim to perform at their best in bringing pride and honor to our city.
The Sports Development Division under the Office of the City Mayor delivers a genuine sports development program to athletes of Davao City. The services provided to the athletes can be divided into four areas:
1. To provide an avenue for athletes to actively participate in their respective sport through organizing local sports competitions and in partnership with national and international competitions ;
2. To educate and encourage athletes to develop good moral values, discipline and sportsmanship through workshops, seminars and clinics
3. To provide equipment, financial assistance and other necessary support in the implementation of the city’s sports development programs; and
4. To provide recognition to athletes who have excelled in their respective sport in regional, national and international sports competitions
Our Goals and Objectives
- To provide LGU led and coordinated soprts development program in two tracks: one for the massess and one for the athletes
- To secure support and participation of barangay leaders in the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of DCCSDP
- To increase participation of the masses in acquiring healthy practices in sports
- To provide young individuals with athletic process to develop and excel in sports
- To work towards making Davao City a regional hub for sports in Mindanao and Asia
The City Sports Development Division under the City Mayor’s Office was created by in consonances of the city’s reorganization act of 1996.
Who we are
Sports Development Division:
|City Mayor||Division Chief||Deputy|
|Mayor Inday Sarah Duterte-Carpio||Mr. Pochollo M. Elegino||Mr. James Infiesto|
|Plantilla Employee||Plantilla Employee||Plantilla Employee|
|Erlinda L. Gelbolingo||Aleli L. Saberon||Ricardo B. Molina|
PROGRAM STAFF(Job Order):
|Sotero A. Bautista||Mert P. Pepito||Tonit Robillo|
|Nestor A. Espinosa||Reynald R. Inayangan||Alberto S. Banluta|
|Rechelle Rose L.Gelbolingo||Robinson B. Uyamot||Lolito Delos Reyes|
|Carol F. Baliola||Oscar C. Onchenco|
|Eliseo A. Clemencio||Cathrina E. Cabacoy|
|Samie C. Espinosa||Lilian D. Nieva|
What we do
WHO MAY AVAIL OF THE SERVICE
This Office accommodates everyone who needs support relative to Sports.
FEEDBACK AND REDRESS MECHANISMS
Let us know how to serve you better by doing the following:
1. Accomplish our Feedback Form available in the office and put this inside the drop box at the Public Assistance and Complaints Desk.
2. Send your feedback through e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org)and indicate FEEDBACK as the subject, or call our office at 221-0031.
3. Talk to our Officer of the Day if you are not satisfied with our service. Written and verbal complaints shall be immediately be attended to by the Officer of the Day at the Public Assistance and Complaints Desk.
Thank you for helping us improve our services.